I was in Lithuania in the early 90s, shortly after the exit of the
Russians. There were factories there still making ICs and stockpiling them,
even though the products they were targeted for were history. As I recall,
they were making DEC VAX clones, and that is what the ICs were aiming for.
Since I was working for IBM at the time, talking to the Ministry of
Informatics about their grand plan to take our PowerPC motherboards, it was
all very strange.

Mind you, their unemployment level was close to 0%.