From: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com [mailto:neonixie-l@googlegroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 11:08 AM
To: neonixie-l
Subject: [neonixie-l] OT: US Customs Service - Delays

In the past, I had been complaining of the German Customs Service for holding
and delaying delivery of parcels. Well, its seems, lately, that the US Customs
Service has adopted the same bad habit. In the last couple of months, parcels
coming my way, from outside the US, have been held at a customs warehouse for
typically a week. Thru the magic of "tracking numbers", I've noticed an
expected parcel sitting at one place, inside this country, for a week, before
progressing to its next station.

Most of the time, I try to buy stuff within the national boarders. For someone
that lives near a major port, like Los Angeles, as I do, that usually works
out. Especially with stuff from China. The whole San Gabriel Valley (or at
least the section between state route 60, and Interstate 10) has turned into
one big warehouse of Chinese goods. So if I want to buy cheap USB cables or
plastic filament (for my 3D printer), I can find a vendor less than 30 miles
away. But sometimes, I need something that's not locally found, and I have to
bite the bullet.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/4a944497-5a54-480e-9f53-8b13fbf8495d%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/4a944497-5a54-480e-9f53-8b13fbf8495d%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
 .