It's not even a schematic error. Jeff used OrCad Capture, and Capture
allows one to hide power & gnd pins. As long as they are named the same as
the power & gnd nets, they get assigned to those nets and connectivity is
established. They can also be made visible and assigned manually to any
net, and there are other ways to establish connectivity.

And as Pete pointed out, the HV5530's work down below 5 volts, so no level
shifters are necessary. This is not a design problem.

I worked with Jeff on some projects -- he was a talented and skilled
engineer. He knew how to use the tools.
His designs were well thought out and implemented.

Terry