I designed a Nixie clock using TTL in the early 70’s which used a transformer
inside the case along with a voltage doubler circuit for the HV.  It ran nicely
for 35 years until it was consumed by a fire.  My best guess is that one of the
voltage doubling capacitors failed and ignited.  The clock had a 1A fuse on the
transformer primary and secondary, both of which eventually opened but not
until after the old paper electrolytic caps heated and ignited the wood and
plastic case.  The circuit main breaker (15A) never tripped.  I was lucky to
have suffered only smoke damage and a destroyed clock and counter top.

While I am not saying that my overall design was horrible, I will no longer
bring 120/230v mains voltage into any housing (that runs unattended 24/7) when
there are UL/CSA/VDE bricks or wall warts that are thoroughly tested and
engineered to eliminate exactly the hazard described above.  While there may be
no issues with the module you are looking at, I would not use it because it
brings the full main power into your housing.  After my experience, I would
prefer to eliminate a melt-down inside of my housing.  The HLK-PM01 does not
provide me with the safety factor that a wall wart or brick provides.

IMHO, life is much better when you keep the main away from the inside of your
clock.  If you need to use the main as a time base, you can just go with an AC
wall wart or use one of many perfectly good crystal based chips or GPS
solutions for timing.  Even though I had no problems for 35 years, I blame the
presence of the main power, inadequate fuse protection and a design that was
intrinsically unsafe, as the reason for the fire.