On Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 6:52:35 PM UTC-3, karl welty wrote:

> Hiya, I'm Karl. New to the group and fascinated by the options neons and
> trigger tube present to the electronic musician. As an introduction...
> Using the newer XC18 module for bass synth with filter. The desk top
> modules supplemented by patches from the rack mount stuff. All tones
> generated using neon based oscillators except kick and snare. Bass line was
> manually swept in sync with cv/gate and drums coming from a laptop. Each
> overdub was an improvisation with a new patch. This seems a good sampler of
> many of the sounds (though by no means limited to just these) which can be
> derived using these neon based tone generators, both musical and/or
> discordant as the mood strikes.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-lwgw5S9BE
>
> Looking forward to chatting about the many options !

Hey!
  Nice rythm... it's good to see that neon relaxation oscillators have not
been forgotten fon non-visual uses.

One detail that you certainly will have to take into account is that many
trigger tubes used Kr-85 (a Krypton isotope) to guarantee triggering in
darkness, and that Kr-85 is now long gone inert. So... just keep those
tubes illuminated (the blue LEDs you used seem to be fine for that task)
and they will work without a hitch. Otherwise you risk long delays until a
photon helps the ionization to happen.

Good luck with that and keep posting!
Gaston