I also like the Opto-Isolator anode drivers. It's super simple and I've
never had one fail.

I use high speed multiplexing (with an inner loop of 1000 counts in code)
for dimming and tube management, and it works well.

If you want to have a look, you can find manuals here:

http://www.open-rate.com/Manuals.html

and code here:

https://github.com/isparkes/ArdunixNix6/tree/master/ardunixFade9_6_digit

I'm selling these, and after many hundred sold, the design has turned out
to be robust.

Questions welcome!