> I'm in the same boat, so if you find a source please let me know!
>
>> I'm also looking for this for the same reasons.
>> Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to design the board on my own.
>> Does anyone have something he is willing to share or sell, such as eagle
>> files or a finished board or anything in between?
>> Or is there a finished product or product line out there that would work in
>> this situation?

The Tayloredge supply is quite well behaved as well as robust, inexpensive,
small, and already available.

However, Nick, Grahame, and I are toying with the idea of implementing
something like the supply in that application note.  The core of it (a Royer
oscillator and matching step-up transformer) is basically an ordinary CCFL
supply, so I built my initial versions around surplus CCFL supplies I picked up
on the cheap.

http://www.vitriol.com/images/tech/crtbreadboard.jpg
<http://www.vitriol.com/images/tech/crtbreadboard.jpg>

The tricky part is the transformer, and the ones mentioned in the app note
don't appear to be off-the-shelf parts, but a few phone calls to Coiltronics,
Coilcraft, or Pico might yield information.  Grahame and I have also worked
with Custom Coils before for custom transformers, they're good to work with for
hobbyist quantities.

- John