I just got a new Xbox neon light sign. I also bought a wifi smart outlet so
I can turn it off with my Google Home and Echo.

I noticed that when I turn it off by the smart outlet, the neon sign turns
off differently. The letters have a unique pattern when they turn off. This
is not the same behavior as when I turn it off by the sign's native
switch...then all the letters go off at once.

Is it bad for the neon sign or hard on the circuitry to be turning it on
and off by the wall smart outlet switch instead of the signs normal on and
off switch?

Here is a video of sign being turned off by outlet
<https://youtu.be/2OzgDJrMyvw>