On 17-05-05 12:25 AM, gregebert wrote:

I was surprised to see the 8522 date-code; the only other tubes I've
encountered that were manufactured more recently are from the USSR.

A couple of years back Tim Lang managed to get a closeout of some Nixies from Richardson/National and they were totally unmarked. I belive Richarson bought up Very large stocks of any tubes thay would get their hands on in "warehouse" condition mostly, and Box and Brand them "National Electronics" when they get an order. The date code would be applied along with the branding. They probably will also box and Brand to the customers brand on request. (I have lots of receiving tubes made by GE in Kentucky which are branded RCA, Amererex and other brands, where the boxes have a KR part number, KR standing for Ken-Rad the original owners of that factory (EIA CODE 188-5))

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cm...@zeusprune.ca              Just Beyond the Fringe