I have seen no indication that National Electronics ever made anything. They are like NTE, buying old parts and relabeling them. But National may have paid to have batches of tubes made generically for them.

I have a bunch of National Electronics 1EP1 CRTs. They look Chinese. When I was buying 3RP1A CRTs from them by the hundreds, they were generic Chinese tubes in musty factory boxes, but were the same tubes that they would label as "National Electronics" when bought individually. Same with 5870 Nixies - National Electronics labels when bought in small quantities, ITT labels when bought in bulk.