In addition to current-control per-segment, I also have an anode-current
limiter. It's probably overkill but it does cover the case where I have a
few characters that exceed to max total current.

I'm trying to fire this up for the first time this weekend. I've never used
a RasPi before, so I have a bit of software to develop.