I have had great luck using Scotch Brite Pads to give the brushed look on
aluminum, I find that wire brushes can leave deep scratches.  On one
project I did, I used some Scotch Brite pads, and then used some flat clear
spray paint to keep the look.

As for a soldering station, I would just get a good adjustable iron (Amazon
or AliExpress) and a decent holder for the iron.  I have been thinking of
getting one of the Hakko brand systems, but I just don't work on enough
electronics to make the investment worthwhile.  I have set up a piece of
scrap plywood to do my projects on.  This way I can either do work at my
workbench, or when the wife is not looking, on the dining room table.  This
way, should the iron fall, it won't burn its way through any furniture.

Here is a fairly decent setup to get started.  I like this one mostly
because it comes in a small tool box to keep all your stuff in one place;
https://tinyurl.com/y7bnnagl.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Ron