I could not agree more, Tomasz. The slim base was the first thing that caught my eye. Personally, I find the vertical proportions just about perfect. But a six-tubes version with Z568M is simply too wide for my taste. I'd rather go for a four-tube version, but with the addition of one of Dalibor's newly designed colon tubes. That would look simply amazing.

Regarding the electronics, I think using SMD quite a lot is possible these days. Because the base of the Z568M tubes is pretty big, and there is no LED backlighting, there is probably enough space under the tubes themselves for some drivers (if they are mounted in the PCB directly). You could even use ten small MPSA92 SMD transistors, but then I am not so sure how you would go about the dimming. Maybe invest in an extra anode PNP driver.

This clock truly is a work of art.

Cheers
Jens