Shipping is via E-Bay global shipping  and we have heard about their examination/destruction of nixie tubes with no recourse to the seller.

For what it's worth.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Ulysses Balis <ulba...@gmail.com>
Date: October 12, 2017 at 4:51 PM

Speaking of B-7971's, on a whim, I just did a search on eBay for the rarer cousin of the B-7971, the B-8971. Amazingly, I found one.

As I haven't bid on this type of tube in a while, I'm not sure what the going rate is these days, but $200 seems reasonable, given how rare they are.

It looks like a used tube and as such, cathode poisoning/degassing would be a concern, especially since there are no photos depicting it in an energized state. To the seller's credit, he/she does have perfect feedback.

Ulysses B.