I’m redesigning my clock board and I would like to make some safety
improvements. My actual board has two fuses, one for the 12V DC input and
one for the HV output. In order to prevent overheating (fire), I also would
like to monitor the temperature inside the case adding a DS18B20 to the
board. If the temperature exceeds a predefined limit the idea is to shut
down the HV. In normal operation with 6 x IN-18 the only component that
gets a bit warm is the HV coil but you never know.

Is temperature monitoring an overkill? Any other ideas to improve the
design safety?