Hi Kerry,

I'm also a KiCad fan... I've switched to it and most of the engineers at
work have followed along for our non-product boards - test fixtures and
such.

You will find loads of decent on-line support via YouTube videos and such.
The package includes a pcb trace calculator as Greg recommends, as well as
a decent Gerber file viewer.

Enjoy the process... it can be loads of fun.

Bob