Another good Arduino library is TinyGPS++
from http://arduiniana.org/libraries/tinygpsplus/

I particularly like this library because it's (IMHO) extremely well
written, is fast and is lightweight.

It also is data-driven, so you can specify exactly what you want and it'll
give you just that. It does GLONASS etc. and has really useful built-ins
like computing the distance between any two points.

My one single gripe, speaking as a bit of a C++ purist, is that it's not
const-correct.

I ported this library to native MSP430 and also made it const-correct
(sadly, things like that keep me awake at night).

Anyone want a copy, let me know, else