[This is my first post here. I haven't had time to introduce myself yet. My
apologies if I'm just saying something everyone already knows.]

> On Feb 24, 2019, at 9:33 AM, Paul Andrews <judge2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> With no dimming/fading there are noticeable peaks at 4KHz, 8KHz and 12KHz,
> 12KHz is the upper limit of the frequency scale I was using).

Try sweeping the frequency instead of the duty cycle to see how the volume (and
spectrum) of the sound changes.

As already suggested, hooking a microphone or piezo transducer up to a spectrum
analyzer or even just an oscilloscope would be enlightening.

[Proper introduction to come...]

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"