On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 12:36:13 PM UTC-4, Jeff Walton wrote:

> Note that the auction from the newest seller is using the same photos and
> has the same bidders in common...
>
> On Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 9:25:52 AM UTC-5, Pramanicin wrote:
>>
>> Things are going a little crazy??? 4 B7971’s just sold for over $250
>> each....there’s another auction for two tubes with prices over 180 each
>> currently......
>>

>> Look at this on eBay
>> TESTED 4 Nixie Tubes Burroughs B-7971 3½" tall 14-segment character
>> <https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173842091160>

Can you send me the details of photo re-use? I don't see it in some quick
searches.

Looking at https://www.ebay.com/itm/312541584677 (currently-running auction
for 2 tubes in Sandwich, IL), the opening bid was for $75 from a
well-established user. There was then a bidding war between two 6-feedback
accounts that ran it up to the current $380. However, those two bidders
*appear* to be on the up-and-up. Please click on these 2 eBay links:

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=312541584677&bidtid=912832136021

<https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=312541584677&bidtid=912832136021&_trksid=p2471758.m4792>
https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=312541584677&bidtid=913101790021

<https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=312541584677&bidtid=913101790021&_trksid=p2471758.m4792>

The first bidder won 2, lost 9 auctions. 7% of bids were with the seller of
this item.
The second bidder won 2, lost 2 auctions. 20% of bids were with the seller
of this item (not entirely unreasonable, given they've only bid on 4 prior
auctions).

[This is not any "secret information", it is something any eBay user can
do.]

If there is evidence of any sockpuppet bidding or other impropriety
(including image theft), let me know and I'll see that it gets to the right
people to do something about it.