Has anyone noticed the eBay offerings of HUGE mAH banks?  50,000, 100,000,
330000 etc !  One listing says the capacity is based on “theoretical maximum ”
-  a new theory perhaps?

They are the same size and weight as the smaller ones. There are teardowns on
the web and youtube showing the markings on the batteries/cells. Yep, they are
the normal small ones.

Watch out for the ratings for the output  too.  Not talking about conversion
efficiency.

Some rate the output mAH as the battery mAH.  Do it in Watt Hours and you will
see what I mean.  So, try this calc for yourself : 3.7V @ 10,000 mAH gives
5.0V @ xxxx? mAH.

Here in Australia I bought from Office Works [large chain store]. They were not
much dearer than cheapies. The advantage is their returns policy.

They are exceedingly easy to deal with over tech problems and warranty issues.
Well worth the extra price.

John K