Thanks, I hadn't seen that datasheet, that helps a lot as I've only got a
two page datasheet before and a few simple (poor) circuit diagrams.

I was thinking of using a three 74LS138 and one and gate to decode the
7-segment to 10 outputs and then ten MPSA42s, or the 74C915 (a complete
7-segment to BCD decoder) and a 74141.

I did recently buy and old Nixie clock with the MM5311N, the prototype that
Åke Holm (a tube collector in Sweden, callsign SM5CBW) made in the 70s for
the Swedish magazine Radio & Television, link here:
http://www.sm5cbw.se/sm5cbw/rt/7212.htm and now when I got these FCM7001 I
thought of making a few more Nixie clocks with a similar design - maybe
I'll be able to pull that off now with the datasheet you linked to.

/Martin