I am going to be very very naughty here and perhaps play Devil’s advocate if I
may, for just a brief moment? Yes it is a wonderful project indeed, the
Universal Nixie Tube Tester - pro version™ - one to be admired greatly, but
I’ve seen similar things happen to people of all varieties, especially
photographers, painters and musicians. People start with an emotional/artistic
attraction to something. After a while they start collecting associated kit for
its own sake and instead of doing something artistic with it, they spend more
time messing with collecting/cleaning/testing/calibrating/documenting than they
do actually making something with the stuff they collected. I think it’s a
creative trap, but maybe creativity is low on some people’s to do list and we
need all sorts of attitudes.

My question is, once you find your tubes are all in tip-top condition or not,
what do you intend to do with them next?

I shall now run and hide behind the sofa to avoid the incoming brown and sticky
that will interface with my round and twirly, but please take this in the
quasi-humorous spirit it was intended.

John S