I've got 9 completed smartsocket boards built to start out and another
dozen without anything on the boards yet.  I'm actually thinking of hooking
some up this weekend with the calculator program John Taylor created to
test the smartsockets.  Maybe link a few together and send
some $B7Mxxxxxxxx and some fonts and effects... I've got all of the pieces
I need I think.  I got an old laptop power supply to be my main PS.  It's
12V/5A.  I have a circuit that takes 12V and outputs both 5V and 3.3V, a
logic converter circuit to switch the raspberry pi 3.3 logic to 5V for the
smartsockets, and 4 of John Taylor's HVPS the vertical smaller ones.  I've
heard you can run 3 b-7971 off one of his PS but I may use one per two
tubes to be conservative so lighting all the segments and underline won't
strain things.

With the pi running the show it'll have ntp and interface to pretty much
anything on the net.  I'm thinking to use python on the pi.  Remote control
can be from the web or from Android app later after the pi3 is running ok.

Bill