40+ years of experience as an EE. My very first electronic project that
actually worked was a vacuum-tube amplifier, and their warm glow has stayed
close to my heart.
Worked as an engineer all my life, with the exception of a brief stint in
administration. But as a hobby, I've never abandoned electronics.

As I'm nearing retirement, for my hobby I've been returning to my
roots.......discrete transistors and of course everything glass (vacuum or
gas filled).

That doesn't mean that I don't use modern technology. Microcontrollers are
great to drive Nixies and Dekatrons, and most importantly scanned bargraphs
(my next project)

I hope to learn from this community, and most importantly, share some of my
own experience.