I would start with a few ideal scenarios to understand your total power.
For example, if you use 180V most of the time, and have a short "boost"
when bulbs need to turn on, your power will be minimized.
But with all segments on, that works out to 180*26*4*0.013 = 243 watts to
display 8888, and probably 56W to display 111 (I assume this is a clock).
So there's quite a bit of heat to deal with, not to mention your electric
bill.

If you use a 250V supply and series dropping resistors, your power will
only increase, to as much as 338 watts.