Since the description says that the displays light and respond to the
keyboard, it sounds like quite a lot of the system is working - it might
not take too much to completely restore it.  Personally, I think it would
be a shame to destroy this - at this point exceedingly rare - piece of
history, if it's not beyond hope of salvage (which I'm pretty sure it's
not)...
~~
Mark Moulding