Sweet!  I've been thinking of looking for a lighted switch in the 'on'
position for the attic lights we installed to maybe remind us to turn them
off.  Been up there a bit lately, running cable.  More cameras, power,
commo.  New NVR has 10 cameras, I think have added about a dozen new duplex
outlets, and so far 17 runs of cat5 through the house.  More to come.

Yes, some thermostats had mercury bulbs in them, the bigger ones having
bigger bulbs.  I grab those wherever I can find them, getting scarce now.
There were also contactors with a fairly significant amount in them, but
tricky to open for recovery.  OLD ignitrons I think had a large amount in
them.  Sure mercury can be toxic, but it kills me to see the ridiculously
idiotic overreactions to things like broken fluorescent bulbs in schools or
places.  I know a guy who built a box device to try recovering the mercury
from old bulbs.  It wasn't worth the hassle.  A 4' flo bulb has what, about
1/20 of a drop of mercury in it?  I've broken hundreds of them, and 8' ones
too in my time.  In high school we used them for lightsabers at the
university dump.

I use mercury in my carburetor sync gauge for my bike.  I know they make
some now with a little tungsten rod in them which are safer, and maybe I'll
buy one some day.  But for now, I'll hoard my little stash...