Why are you using a 324 Op Amp? Older OpAmps are asking for problems with
instability and common mode input range as well as output swing limits.
I suggest you look at something like the TLV2371 series that is available
as single, dual, and quad. Inputs and outputs are rail to rail.
Yes, connect as unity gain buffer. You don't want extra resistors.
If you want retro design and a challenge use a uA702 and good luck with
getting it stable.