I've taken the liberty of putting a few of the more popular books into the
group library
at https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1-i1uv20HFjT5RMy1ePGIwAyMcbMA-6sv

All the books have been processed with Acrobat pre-flight and have the OCR
and background cleaned up. Some books that has been scanned two pages at a
time I've also split into single pages.

Where the initial scan hasn't been particularly high quality, I've tried to
enhance the text and removed any background to improve contrast. In
addition, the files have all been processed for optimised size and also
optimised for web - in some cases the size reduction is very significant.

The files should all be text-searchable (they're all OCR). Let me know if
you have other submissions or if you have any problems.

I have a huge number of PDFs that might be of interest - I'll try to find
time to process some more.

Let me know your thoughts...