I've been shipping and selling tubes all over the world, on and off, for 22
years now. I'll tell you that even if you have ALL your paperwork in
perfect order, someone's imagination (customs officials, tax, etc..) will
go wild and they will either destroy the item in question or make you jump
through hoops to get them.

I'll tell you a quick story. Sometime in the early 2000's I was in a former
soviet block country, hunting for tubes in old factories and store houses.
The folks who ended up with these places in the end were essentially scrap
dealers and searching mainly for precious metals, which by the time I got
there were pretty much all gone. I was the first one around there looking
for tubes and word gets out around town that there is a foreigner looking
for them. I arrived on day to this one factory.. which had a good deal of
nixies I was told.. to my horror I found about half of what they had in a
broken pile of glass on the floor. Come to find out, my inquiries in the
town had caused a stir.. and at least this one warehouse destroyed about
half their tubes and sent the metal for assay.. on the idea that would
certainly find some sort of rare metal. They found no previous metals, and
once they found out what I was willing to pay for the remaining tubes,
equivalent to several years of normal wages, they were pretty upset with
themselves.

That's my sad tube story! It was a good time otherwise!

Regards,
-Moses