On 2023-04-13 15:57, Benoit Tourret wrote:
I tried to buy some IV-16 in a foreign country, far over the channel.
here is the message I just received from ebay:

Hello Benoit,

The purchase you recently made under the International Delivery Service with xxxxxxxx could not be completed.

The object in question has been restricted. This may be due to import or delivery restrictions, or International Delivery Service eligibility requirements. The item will not be sent to you, nor will it be returned to the seller.

I have heard of this happening before with CRTs sold on e-bay But of course their is NO way to get a detailed answer from E-bay.

Ebay uses a couple of international shipping services, it used to be Pitney Bowes, although some items I recently got from the States spent a week traveling around Chigago before being remails by an outfit called Ascntia which is apperntly part of SWISS post!

the shipping center receives the goods and shipps them in Bulk to the destination country where they are cleared in Bulk and then delivered by one of many Local courier companies. You might see if you can still see the detailed tracking information to see where the shipment got derailed, - ikly at the shipping cneter in the UK in this case.

I wonder if the parts were marked "Russia" and so were considered subject to boycot?

I wonder if the seller got stiffed for the price of the goods and the shipping to the reship center?

--
Charles MacDonald  VA3CPY               Stittsville Ontario
cm...@zeusprune.ca              Just Beyond the Fringe