Greetings all,

I am starting to look at VFD displays and am reading all I can about them.

I am trying to get a better understanding of the pros and cons of using a
AC filament drive rather than an DC one.

I am aware that on larger displays (like those monster ones from Russia) it
is necessary in order to create a more even glow across segments. I wonder
however how important this is for smaller segments like those in IV-22 for
example.

Making the filament drive AC adds a small degree of complexity but if the
difference is visible and beneficial then I'd like to go that way.

My project would be direct drive, no multiplexing required.

- Richard