Ah, got it. So first the evacuation must take be done under much lower
pressures, before filling the tube back in with the neon argon mixture.
That makes sense.

So on the subject of the first question. What sort of pump would I have to
be looking at? I assume High Vacuum pump is the category then?

What about filling a tube with a liquid of some sort to displace the gasses
and then replace the liquid with