For some reason I can't get session saving to work via the command line but it
works fine via the GUI.
Here are some things that may be of use -
<snip>
riviera# /usr/local/sbin/nessusd -d
This is Nessus 1.0.10 for FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE
compiled with gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
Current setup :
Experimental session-saving : enabled
Experimental KB saving : enabled
Thread manager : fork
Crypto layer : peks/0.8
nasl : 1.0.10
libnessus : 1.0.10
Running as euid : 0
Include these infos in your bug reports
</snip>
When I use the GUI I use all the defaults except I choose to save sessions.
This is the .nessusrc that I get as a result of the doing this. Save sessions
works via the GUI...
<snip>
# This file was automagically created by nessus
nessusd_host = << EDITED - REMOTE NESSUSD SERVER >>
nessusd_user = automate
begin(SCANNER_SET)
Ping the remote host = no
TCP Ping the remote host = no
TCP SYN scan = no
FTP bounce scan = no
Nmap tcp connect() scan = no
Nmap = yes
scan for LaBrea tarpitted hosts = no
end(SCANNER_SET)
begin(SERVER_PREFS)
max_threads = 8
log_whole_attack = yes
cgi_path = /cgi-bin
port_range = 1-15000
optimize_test = yes
language = english
track_iothreads = yes
cookie_logpipe_suptmo = 2
checks_read_timeout = 15
delay_between_tests = 1
plugins_timeout = 160
host_expansion = ip
ping_hosts = no
reverse_lookup = no
save_session = yes
save_empty_sessions = yes
detached_scan = no
continuous_scan = no
save_knowledge_base = no
only_test_hosts_whose_kb_we_dont_have = no
only_test_hosts_whose_kb_we_have = no
kb_restore = no
kb_dont_replay_scanners = no
kb_dont_replay_info_gathering = no
kb_dont_replay_attacks = no
kb_dont_replay_denials = no
diff_scan = no
kb_max_age = 864000
end(SERVER_PREFS)
begin(RULES)
end(RULES)
begin(PLUGIN_SET)
<< LOTS OF CONFIG STUFF HERE - DO THEY MATTER FOR MY PROBLEM? I CAN SEND THEM >>
end(PLUGIN_SET)
begin(PLUGINS_PREFS)
SMB use domain SID to enumerate users[entry]:Start UID : = 1000
SMB use domain SID to enumerate users[entry]:End UID : = 1200
Default accounts[entry]:Simultaneous connections : = 10
Anonymous FTP enabled[entry]:FTP login : = ftp
Anonymous FTP enabled[entry]:FTP password : = [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ftp writeable directories[radio]:How to check if directories are writeable : =
Trust the permissions (drwxrwx--)
Ping the remote host[entry]:TCP ping destination port : = 80
Ping the remote host[checkbox]:Do a TCP ping = yes
Ping the remote host[checkbox]:Do an ICMP ping = no
Ping the remote host[entry]:Number of retries (ICMP) : = 10
Nmap[radio]:TCP scanning technique : = connect()
Nmap[checkbox]:UDP port scan = no
Nmap[checkbox]:RPC port scan = no
Nmap[checkbox]:Ping the remote host = yes
Nmap[checkbox]:Identify the remote OS = yes
Nmap[checkbox]:Fragment IP packets (bypasses firewalls) = no
Nmap[checkbox]:Get Identd info = no
Nmap[checkbox]:Perform a fast scan = no
Nmap[checkbox]:Do not randomize the order in which ports are scanned = yes
Nmap[entry]:Source port : = any
FTP bounce scan[entry]:FTP server to use : = localhost
Ping the remote host[entry]:TCP ping source port : = 80
Ping the remote host[entry]:Number of retries : = 5
end(PLUGINS_PREFS)
</snip>
When running this via the command line (on the nesssusd server) I run the
following command.
<snip>
nessus -c /home/crebele/nessusrc 127.0.0.1 1241 automate /home/crebele/workstation
/home/crebele/testscan
</snip>
The contents of /home/crebele/nessusrc is as follows.
<snip>
nessusd_host = 127.0.0.1
nessusd_user = automate
begin(SCANNER_SET)
Ping the remote host = no
TCP Ping the remote host = no
TCP SYN scan = no
FTP bounce scan = no
Nmap tcp connect() scan = no
Nmap = yes
scan for LaBrea tarpitted hosts = no
end(SCANNER_SET)
begin(SERVER_PREFS)
max_threads = 8
log_whole_attack = yes
cgi_path = /cgi-bin
port_range = 1-15000
optimize_test = yes
language = english
track_iothreads = yes
cookie_logpipe_suptmo = 2
checks_read_timeout = 15
delay_between_tests = 1
plugins_timeout = 160
host_expansion = ip
ping_hosts = no
reverse_lookup = no
save_session = yes
save_empty_sessions = yes
detached_scan = no
continuous_scan = no
save_knowledge_base = no
only_test_hosts_whose_kb_we_dont_have = no
only_test_hosts_whose_kb_we_have = no
kb_restore = no
kb_dont_replay_scanners = no
kb_dont_replay_info_gathering = no
kb_dont_replay_attacks = no
kb_dont_replay_denials = no
diff_scan = no
kb_max_age = 864000
end(SERVER_PREFS)
begin(RULES)
end(RULES)
begin(PLUGINS_PREFS)
end(PLUGINS_PREFS)
</snip>
What am I missing here? When running from the GUI I get my
/usr/local/var/nessus/"username" files and the save sessions appear to work.
>From the command line, I do not get the /usr/local/var/nessus/"username" files
and a `nessus -s -q 127.0.0.1 automate` returns no sessions...
--
.~.
Curt Rebelein, Junior /V\ L I N U X
http://rebby.com // \\ Don't fear the penguin
http://mnpoc.org /( )\
^^-^^
----> "Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess" <----