Compiled nessus 1.2 on a Solaris 8 box (SunBlade 100) and on a
Red Hat 6.1 box (intel), used same source files with all latest
versions of libraries etc., and nmap (2.54BETA32).

1) When I run nessus client on both the systems (server started
on the respective systems), the RH nessus gui (Nessus Setup)
gives many more options under "Prefs", primarily for Nmap -
(anything starting between FTP bounce scan to Blackice DOS  is
missing in the Solaris gui under Prefs). Missing options for
nmap  are TCP Scanning Technique, Port Range, Timing Policy, SNMP
port scan, SNMP Protocol  and SNMP transport layer options).

In addition to the OS and hardware difference, the only
difference I can think of is the gcc version used to compile
both.  Used a standard build (configure, make, make install). Any
comments how I can get these options available in Solaris? All
other options in the gui appear same.

Thanks.

-Paul V. Alukal

Reply via email to