Neither... The XML contains a <plugins> section and the .nessus does not.

Example:

    <plugins>
        <plugin id="10335">
            <name>Nessus TCP scanner</name>
            <version>$Revision: 1.64 $</version>
            <family>Port scanners</family>
            <cve_id>NOCVE</cve_id>
            <bugtraq_id>NOBID</bugtraq_id>
            <category>scanner</category>
            <risk>Unknown</risk>
            <summary>Look for open TCP ports &amp; services banners</summary>
            <copyright>(C) 2004 Michel Arboi &lt;[EMAIL 
PROTECTED]&gt;</copyright>
        </plugin>
        <plugin id="14272">
            <name>Netstat &apos;scanner&apos;</name>
            <version>1.9</version>
            <family>Port scanners</family>
            <cve_id>NOCVE</cve_id>
            <bugtraq_id>NOBID</bugtraq_id>
            <category>scanner</category>
            <risk>None</risk>
            <summary>Find open ports with netstat</summary>
            <copyright>This script is Copyright (C) 2004 Michel 
Arboi</copyright>

----- Original Message ----
From: Ron Gula <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Larry Petty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 2:08:32 PM
Subject: Re: New Nessus File Format


Larry Petty wrote:
> We are in the process of updating our in house application to support
 the new .nessus file structure. My developer wanted a sample scan from
 our current Nessus version 3.0.6. I ran a scan from the linux GUI,
 exported the XML report and sent it to him. I then used the Nessus 3.0
 client to run another sample scan of the same host. I exported the .nessus
 file and sent it to him. The XML file is over 8meg because it contains
 all of the plugin data. The .nessus file is only 245k as it does not
 have the plugin data. How do I get a .nessus file with the plugin data.
  Do I have to install the new linux version and run it from the GUI?
> 
> 

Hi Larry,

When you say the .nessus file does not have the plugin data, are you 
saying that the "policies" section is empty or the "reports" section is
 
empty?

Ron Gula
Tenable Network Security






      
____________________________________________________________________________________
Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page. 
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to