On Jan 21, 2008, at 11:24 PM, Jason Chambers wrote:

> Larry Petty wrote:
>> We are in the process of updating our in house application to  
>> support the new .nessus file structure. My developer wanted a  
>> sample scan from our current Nessus version 3.0.6. I ran a scan  
>> from the linux GUI, exported the XML report and sent it to him. I  
>> then used the Nessus 3.0 client to run another sample scan of the  
>> same host. I exported the .nessus file and sent it to him. The XML  
>> file is over 8meg because it contains all of the plugin data.  
>> The .nessus file is only 245k as it does not have the plugin data.  
>> How do I get a .nessus file with the plugin data.  Do I have to  
>> install the new linux version and run it from the GUI?
>>
>>
> How can I create this new format ?
>
> I'm using version 3.0.6, and the only options I see for report  
> creation
> are the well known:
>    -T : Output format: 'nbe', 'nsr', 'html', 'xml' or 'txt'

For the command-line 'nessus' tool, it's in Nessus 3.1.9.

Or you can use the NessusClient GUI.


                                -- Renaud
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to