Hi Chris,

Sorry I can not give a *detailed* description :-P Have you successfully get an APIPA address? [1] is the link which describe they have get such addresses :-D The behaviour difference was introduced by the some latest patches from the Microsoft. And I am heard recently that they are going to change this behaviour back future O:-)

I am thinking that, since APIPA address is available, we may need to filter the return address array in case that the native api *accidentally* change its behaviour.

[1] http://lmgtfy.com/?q=getaddrinfo+apipa