Thanks Kurchi, I think this change should be fine.

-Chris.

On 17/04/2012 22:34, Kurchi Hazra wrote:
Updated webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~khazra/7158636/webrev.01/

Windows has a more secure version of snprintf and I used that:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f30dzcf6%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

Thanks,
Kurchi

On 4/17/2012 12:24 PM, Chris Hegarty wrote:
On 17/04/12 20:14, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 17/04/2012 19:47, Kurchi Hazra wrote:
Hi,

In Windows Vista and later, InterfaceAddress.getBroadcast() returns
0.0.0.0 , since these platforms return IF_TYPE_IEEE80211 instead of
MIB_IF_TYPE_ETHERNET for wireless interface type now. The fix is to
handle IF_TYPE_IEEE80211 in the relevant switch
statement. While doing this, I also updated some other parts of the
code in the same file that depended on the value of the wireless
interface type.

Although I have defined IF_TYPE_IEEE80211 in NetworkInterface.c, I am
not sure if it is better to put it in NetworkInterface.h instead.

Bug: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7158636
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~khazra/7158636/webrev.00/

Thanks,
Kurchi

Looks okay to me although I would like to see this code changed to
snprintf.

D'oh, good catch.

-Chris.

I don't have a strong opinion on where IF_TYPE_IEEE80211 is defined.

-Alan