On 09/08/12 00:00, Jed Wesley-Smith wrote:
Michael McMahon <michael.x.mcmahon@...> writes:

A new revision of the Http client API planned for jdk 8 can be viewed
at the following link

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~michaelm/httpclient/v0.3/

We would like to review the api on this mailing list.
So, all comments are welcome.

Can you separate the domain objects (in particular HttpClient, HttpRequest)
and their set-up (all the mutators) into separate concerns (Builders perhaps,
see Guava for instance)?

+1, I agree with your comment.

Wherever possible we should try to use a builder pattern to build immutable objects ( or limit its mutability as much as possible ). I think Mike made a very similar comment too. Maybe the spi and factory/builder could be separated out, I think this would be much cleaner.

As you say, you get thread-safety by default, which would appear to be a nice property for this API, given its different programming models.

-Chris.

It'd be nice to have this all thread-safe by default, it seems creating an API
that isn't thread-safe is maybe not ideal.

cheers,
Jed Wesley-Smith