On 22/08/12 15:29, Chris Hegarty wrote:
Michael what you have looks good.

But, I think what Sam is suggesting ( or maybe not, but I like it ;-) ), is something like this. (I'd need to think more about what effect this has on the different modes, async/blocking )

 class HttpResponse {
   HttpResponse onHeaders(Block<HttpResponse>);
   HttpResponse onError(BiBlock<HttpResponse,Throwable>);
   HttpResponse onBodyPart(BiBlock<HttpResponse,ByteBuffer>);
 }

Right. I see what you mean in terms of making the setting of the callbacks
fluent. I assume that Block and BiBlock are types associated with Lambda somehow,
but otherwise this is unfamiliar territory to me ....
 response.onHeaders(r -> headers(r))
         .onError((r,t) -> error(t))
         .onBodyPart((r,bb) -> body(r, bb));

So,  headers() and body() would be methods on HttpResponse ... Right ?
What is error()?

- Michael.
Alternatively, I believe something like this would also be compatible with lambda (since there is a default implementation for on Error):

  interface HTTPResponseHandler {
    public void onHeaders(HttpResponse resp);

    public void onError(HttpRequest request, Throwable exception)
    default { throw exception; }
 }

-Chris.