John,

I think you can simply reinstate

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8/jdk8/jdk/diff/7bd32bfc0539/test/java/net/CookieHandler/TestHttpCookie.java

-Chris.

On 05/08/2013 09:02 PM, Kurchi Hazra wrote:
I would have thrown an exception if the IllegalArgumentException is not
obtained, otherwise the test looses its
purpose, and will pass silently if someone mistakenly removes the $
check in our code.

- Kurchi

On 5/8/2013 12:10 PM, John Zavgren wrote:
Greetings:

I added a test for the leading dollar sign character in cookie names:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jzavgren/7188517/webrev.03/

Thanks!
John