On 04/07/2013 19:43, David M. Lloyd wrote:

XNIO uses Selectors (usually PollSelectorImpls) which are cached per thread in order to mix blocking and non-blocking I/O. If you are starting many short-lived threads and doing blocking operations on XNIO channels then this might explain what is happening. The answer is basically "don't do that".

When you say "usually PollSelectorImpls" then it normally run with it configured to use the poll based Selector?

BTW: Sean Coffey mailed me off-list so say that he tried the original support/customer test case that lead to 7118373 and confirms that it doesn't duplicate with 7u25.

Anyway, it would be good to hear more from Bernd to know if this duplicates with 7u40 or 8. Also interesting to know if this is a case of lots of short-lived threads doing timed reads on socket adapters (which was the motive for replace this part of the implementation in 8).

-Alan.