On 7/4/13 1:53 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 04/07/2013 19:43, David M. Lloyd wrote:

XNIO uses Selectors (usually PollSelectorImpls) which are cached per
thread in order to mix blocking and non-blocking I/O.  If you are
starting many short-lived threads and doing blocking operations on
XNIO channels then this might explain what is happening.  The answer
is basically "don't do that".

When you say "usually PollSelectorImpls" then it normally run with it
configured to use the poll based Selector?

Yeah it will prefer PollSelectorImpl for temporary selectors, but will ultimately fall back to whatever the default provider gives.

BTW: Sean Coffey mailed me off-list so say that he tried the original
support/customer test case that lead to 7118373 and confirms that it
doesn't duplicate with 7u25.

Good to know, thanks.

--
- DML