On 01/10/2013 12:46, Brian Burkhalter wrote:
:

I updated the webrev

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpb/8010371/

with changes in the test of the return value of getaddrinfo for Unix Inet 4 and
6 and Windows Inet 6. The usual testing is in progress.

Brian
This looks better, although I think I would reverse re-write the expressions to "if (error = ...)".

One thing to consider is whether this condition is really worth introducing HostLookupException, particularly when it doesn't include additional information (except to distinguish it from its supertype). If a new exception is really needed then maybe it could add the error message obtained from gai_strerror, alternatively maybe you could considered setting the cause of the UHE to something like an IOException with the translation of the error.

-Alan.