Hello,

> Am 22.02.2014 um 10:33 schrieb Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com>:
>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8034174/webrev.00/webrev/
> Thank for you for doing this, it's long over due.

Hm, I actually like to have that JVM_ abstraction layer. Looks like it is now
replaced by NET_ in some parts, do we really want to remove it in others? (the
JVM_IO_ERR beeing an obvious advantage)

Anyway, things I noticed:

There are two exact same patches in Inet4AddrImpl to getLocalHostName. One uses
NI_MAXHOST and the other strlen - that should be unified (or use a abstracted
helper anyway?)

769: There is a comment about not needing NET_connect and then it is used
anyway.

for Socket() it it tested for fd==-1 for getsockopt it is tested for rc < 0?

Inet6AddrImpl uses getsockopt() instead of NET_getsockopt?

Greetings
Bernd