Chris,

Didn't look to windows part. Unix part looks good for me. See also below.

I'm a bit concerned because of mixing NET_* abstractions and direct call
to OS functions. It might be better to create NET_socket etc.

We use NET_GetSockOpt/NET_SetSockOpt in one places and plain os
functions in other ones it have to be unified.

(not to your changes, but as far as you touched it)

Doing socklen_t n = sizeof(m) it's better cast to socklen_t explicitly -
on some platform socklen_t expands to int but sizeof to unsigned so it
can cause a compiler warning.

It's better to unify check of return value of os functions either as ==
-1 or as < 0

1. net_util.c
   Do we really need to check JNI_VERSION ?

2. Inet4AddressImpl.c

   73, 335 it's better to use NI_MAXHOST in both places

   784       optlen should be socklen_t

3. Inet6AddressImpl.c

   73, 143 it's better to use NI_MAXHOST in both places

4. net_util_md.c

235 gettimeofday is obsoleted and might be not available on all
platforms. So it's better to try clock_gettime first

-Dmitry

--
Dmitry Samersoff
Oracle Java development team, Saint Petersburg, Russia