Hello,

I (still) like it. But I still think the AI_CANONNAME can and should be
removed. If you keep it, it will trigger additional lookups and the
actual canonized result (res->ai_canonname) is never used.

This is true for all 3 locations (but you changed only one).

I wonder if you want to make the control flags c-static and avoid the
lookups.

Gruss
Bernd