Apologies Christoph, this dropped off my list and I forgot to get back to it.

> On 2 Sep 2016, at 08:22, Langer, Christoph <christoph.lan...@sap.com> wrote:
>
> Hi (Mark or Chris?),
>
> as this RFR is outstanding for quite a while and it merely is a minor change
> which only cleans up coding, would you mind to review it that I can get it
> off my list?
>
> The only major thing probably is, that calls to getMacAddress don’t need a
> socket anymore and sockets are only opened for platforms where an ioctl is
> done to determine the MacAddress.
>
> As I’ve said, I’ve tested it on the Linux/Unix platforms.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Christoph

Your changes look fine to me. This is a natural cleanup now that we have
moved away from ioctl on some platforms.

I will submit your patch to our internal build and test system, and report
back the results later today.

-Chris.