This should be fixed in JDK 11 b23. Please try again. See https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8199779 for more info.

--Sean

On 6/25/18 12:28 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
I couldn't locate this bug in the JIRA nor the bugs.java.net, to see if it's acknowledged as an issue. So FWIW - I can reproduce this even on MacOS (so it isn't just specific to Windows OS). This is the code:

import java.net.URL;
import java.io.InputStream;

public class CertTest {
     public static void main(final String[] args) throws Exception {
         final URL targetURL = new URL("https://api.vk.com/";);
        try (final InputStream is = targetURL.openConnection().getInputStream()) {
             is.read();
         }
     }
}